EU-Citizens and Eligible persons holding working VISA's will be able to apply for a National Insurance Number online.
You will need to get a National Insurance Number in order to pay the correct amount of tax. A National Insurance Number is needed in order to work in the UK. You are advised to apply as soon as possible.
You are able to recover your number using our replacement service if you have been a UK-Citizen since birth or have already been issued a national insurance number in the past. You do not have to apply for a new number, your original can not be changed.
Disclaimer: You may choose to apply directly by contacting the Jobcentre plus where there will be no fee payable. We have no affiliations with the Department for Work and Pension, Job Centre Plus or any UK government body. We cannot grant you your National Insurance Number ourselves, the decision rests solely with the HMRC. We offer a fully online application service available 24/7. Your application will be checked by our consultants before submission. Our team will also help with the time and location of your 'Proof of Identity Interview' if you require one. We can submit your National Insurance Number application on your behalf for a service fee.
New Number Application
You can apply for a National Insurance Number if you have a working UK VISA, are a EU-Citizen or have a UK passport. If you are looking to work in the UK you must apply for a National Insurance Number.
Lost National Insurance Number
Personal Details Change
UK-Citizen Living In The United Kingdom Since Birth
UK-Citizens who have lived in the UK since birth will get a NI Number by their 16th birthday. If you have not received your number you can recover your number using our replacement service. You might not have received your original number for a number of reasons including a change of address without letting the HMRC know.
NI Number Issuing Time Frame
This is dependant on your allocated job centre and how busy the Job Centres are. Applicants will generally get an appointment 1-2 weeks after applying. If you get accepted after your identity appointment it will take 3-6 weeks for your national insurance number to arrive in the post. You can work in the UK for up to 9 weeks while waiting for your NI Number.
When you need a National Insurance Number
If you are planning on working in the UK you will need to apply for a national insurance number. Your national insurance number will allow you to pay the correct amount of tax and national insurance contributions. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK in order to apply. The HM Revenue and Customs, as well as the Department for Work and Pension, will also ask you to state it when communicating with them via telephone or post.
In order to receive a national insurance number for work purposes, you must attend an identity interview. Once you have applied via our service, we will check the information you have supplied us with. This is to confirm we have all the correct and required information in order to submit the application on your behalf. An appointment will be booked into the soonest available appointment at your closest allocated Job Centre. Once your appointment has been booked an email will be sent to the email address provided on the application form. The email will contain your appointment details and explain what documents you will need to take.
Benefits of using our service
1. If you struggle to speak and understand english you might find it difficult to apply for NI number over the phone. We will apply on your behalf and re-book your appointments to best suit your needs and make sure there is a translator at your identity interview.
2. You can change our forms into 70+ different language's.
3. Email Support to answer your questions. Instead of waiting on a phone to get connected you can email us your questions (we typically reply in 1-2 hours).
4. Sometimes your appointment at your closest job centre won't be available or on a date that you need. We do all the waiting and phone calling. We will book you in at your closest job centre or wait for your desired date to become available ( Subject to availability ).
5. If you phoned up yourself (No fee is applied) you might not understand clearly what you will need to bring. Instead of calling back for information you have misplaced, forgotten or un-sure about we will be here to remind you.
6. You might not have the time to apply. You can apply 24/7 online which should only take minutes of your time. We do all the waiting and phone calling for you. One email to us and your appointment will be re-booked, no need for you to call the job centre plus.
7. Excellent customer service. Our agents will help you every step of the way.
8. We will talk to you via telephone about your visa and what details you will need. We take our time with our clients in explaining what their visa's are where they can locate the information needed for an appointment and whether or not they can work.
9. If you are new to the UK we can help with a travel route to the location of your appointment from your home address.
10. Apply for NI number with us for a hassle free service!
Have A Question About Our Service?
If you have any questions about our service then please contact us. If you have any questions about obtaining a national insurance number then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We have no affiliations with the Department for Work and Pension, Job Centre Plus, any UK government body or the government of UK. For more information view our about page. You can apply directly at the DWP or contact Job Centre Plus for a NI Number where there is no fee payable. Our agency provide the best possible service for our clients. For the government Ni Number website https://www.gov.uk